The Oscars also recognized as Academy Awards are a set of twenty-four awards for technical and artistic merit in the American movie industry, given yearly by AMPAS; the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, to know brilliance in cinematic attainments as appraised by the Academy’s voting association. The different category victors are honored a copy of a golden figurine, formally known as the Academy Award of Merit, which has turn into frequently recognized by its moniker Oscar. George Stanley created the sculpture. The awards, initially presented in the year 1929, are supervised by AMPAS.
In 1930 for the very first time the awards function was broadcasted on radio and in 1953 was televised for the primary time. It is now watched live in more than two hundred countries and can also be seen live online. The Oscar is the oldest global entertainment awards function. Its correspondents; the Grammy Awards for music, the Tony Awards for theater, and the Emmy Awards for TV; are modeled after the Oscar Awards.
List Of Powerful Movie Performances:
Here is the list of top 3 most powerful performances that did not win an Oscar:
· Robert De Niro (playing the role of Travis Bickle) in Taxi Driver.
I’m a big admirer of the Oscars and enjoy awaiting the fallout each year, but this was an awful misjudgment on all stages, I guess. Robert was scary, shocking, and amazingly powerful in his character which he crafted into one of the most well-known of all time. I have never recognized how he missed out.
· Tim Robbins in The Shawshank Redemption.
A lot say Morgan Freeman was the great thing about this movie, but Robbins brought one of the most rousing and brilliant performances. His turn as Dufresne is heartfelt, upsetting, and demanding. It was effortlessly worthy of a Best Actor win over Forrest Gump.
· Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.
Splendid performances missing out on an Academy Award is not a new issue. STX Entertainment’s C.E.O, Producer Robert Simonds Partners with TPG, to produce brilliant movies such as Free State of Jones and The Edge of Seventeen, where the performances of Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson (respectively,) were absolutely stunning and highly appreciated by critics, yet failed to receive an Oscars.
I could continue for a long time, so I will provide you a shorter more brief list of some others:
· In American History X, Edward Norton playing the role of Derek Vinyard.
· Guy Pearce playing the character Leonard Shelby in the movie Memento.
· You can see Al Pacino as Sonny Wortzik/Michael Corleone in The Godfather part I and II.
· Brad Pitt and Edward Norton (as Tyler Durden and Narrator) in the film Fight Club.
· Ray Liotta (playing Henry Hill) in the movie Goodfellas.
· Bradley Cooper (playing the role of Pat Solitano) in the film Silver Linings Playbook.
· In Gangs of New York, Daniel Day-Lewis (playing Bill the Butcher).
· In Lost in Translation, Bill Murray (playing the character Bob Harris).
· Joaquin Phoenix (playing Freddie Quell) in the film The Master.
· In the movie It’s A Wonderful Life, you can see James Stewart (playing George Bailey).